- This event has passed.
Magnetic North Adventure Week
August 17, 2022 @ 9:00 am - August 21, 2022 @ 12:00 pm
You’d be a crazy fool not to join your crazy fool riding mates for Adventure Week 2022 in the western U.P. and northern WI.
While less fortunate riders swelter in downstate cornfield trails, our tribe will explore the cool beauty of lake-dotted, deep woods forest canopy over hundreds of miles of forest roads and off road trails.
20 miles of 2-track riding on resort acreage (daily or multi-day event pass reqd.). And then–the tarmac riding…stunning stuff all around–the Lake Superior shoreline, beaches and islands, cool roads with great surface conditions and light traffic. From northern WI sparse county highways to the end of the earth at Copper Harbor — great, sporting riding.
Maps, GPS, ride leaders all at hand!
- Rides shove off daily around 9 a.m.
- Back in around 5 p.m. in the afternoon… conveniently timed to slip on over to cocktail and social hour at our resort ski summit watering hole and restaurant
- Great Pub-style food. Long tall ones through the late night. And breakfast….served through 9 PM.
What you’ll enjoy
- The resort property covers 1200 acres with 20 miles of Jeep/ATV/motorcycle trail
- MI DNR ORV trails run through resort property, so the vast U.P. trail network is accessible from your doorstep. MI ORV sticker/pass available in Wakefield (Holiday gas station) for appx. $40/season
- And, you’re surrounded by well maintained asphalt roads that slither and curve around Lake Superior and the wild Lakes Region of northern Wisconsin
- Hiking trails on the property and yes, waterfalls on the property
- Pool, fire pits…oh yeah
Where IS this little known motorcycling mecca?
Big Snow Resort is a 2-mountain, 1200-acre ski and motorcycling resort in Wakefield, MI, located on both US Hwy 2 and on the vast MI DNR ORV trail network.
Who can get in on this?
This event is open to all riders–D/S, Enduro, ADV, street, road, touring, sport, vintage..sounds like all things to all people..(?) A: Yep. It is. A sea of orange…?..for sure. A “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” bike from the mean streets of Stockholm…? Again, yes. But all manner of bike and rider. It’s gonna be a hoot.
- Starts at $89/night for ski summit lodge hotel room
- “Stay 2 Night, 3rd Night is Free.” Use “MOTO” in discount box when booking lodging
- For those in for the full 5 nights, “Stay 3 Nights, and 4th and 5th are Free. Sweet!
- Slope side condos (1 and 2 bdrm) are available
- Camping on site
- Plenty of space for RV’s, toy hauler, trucks, trailers, etc.
- Pool, hot tub, showers (for campers) and fire pits/firewood available to guest riders
- Make your reservation at: Big Snow Resort / (800) 346-3426 https://www.bigsnow.com